In the past, it was falsely perceived that acquiring an expert system meant a forseeable time of use of five to seven years. However, experience in the software industry has shown much longer time spans. We have encountered many expert systems, ranging from 10 to 15, and even 20 years of age that are still functional, even without the technological foundations to evolve over time.
At Nosotech, we sincerely believe that our expert systems must be designed for long-term use. We understand that software longevity constitutes a central criterion for health facilities in their decision-making process upon choosing their applications. We consider these elements to be essential:
- Company stability, commitment in health care and social services and to investments in expert systems.
- Core technologies used and the application's original structure. Nosotech chose to develop with platform leaders in their respective areas, therefore minimizing the risk that our development tools would not be supported over time.
- Support and evolution. Indeed, if the expert system is intended to be operational for many years, these aspects become even more important throughout a prolonged time of use. Our capacity to react quickly to situations demonstrates our ability to adapt promptly to our customers' needs.
- company devoted to health care. Nosotech operates exclusively in health and social services. We work constantly with dynamic and innovative health facilities and we believe it is the only way to improve our products and fulfill our client's evolving needs. Our partnership agreement testifies to our commitment to adapt our expert systems over time.
Our phone support service is intended for system administrators and specialists. This service covers:
- Database support : covers support to systems administrators, performance monitoring, anomaly analysis and follow-up. Our database specialists assist the support team if necessary.
- Operational support : refers to support provided to systems administrators and professionals required to ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the expert systems running on users' platforms.
- Customer support : refers to phone support for users, in terms of appropriate use of expert systems functionalities, anomaly analysis, follow-up and correction of expert systems as well as upgrades when new versions are available.
Expert systems must constantly evolve to meet market expectations and adapt to technological developments. User's needs evolve with work environments and expert systems must reflect these changes. That is why Nosotech invests massively and systematically, in its expert systems. And since health and social services are our core target markets, all our investments are dedicated to innovations in these fields.
Our products evolve in two ways:
- Upgrades refer to correction of anomalies in expert systems through the installation of more recent versions. These are normally minor versions requiring no particular training, although documents describing improvements are provided upon delivery. Upgrades are to be expected quite frequently during the first years of expert system's time of use.
- Enhancements refer to new versions of expert systems in order to improve performance and functionality. Nosotech foresees an annual enhancement.
- Our clients' requests for improvement and new features.
- Our team of experts identifying opportunities for improvement through new implementations or support calls.Our technological specialists constantly analyzing the evolution of technology and studying strategic directions in health and social services (MSSS, HL7, standards, etc.).
- Our contacts with health professionals within the healthcare network indicating priorities and policies in Quebec and Canada.
Requests submitted by clients are important to us and are a key component of our improvement strategy.
Our follow up process informs clients of the status of their suggestion and enables them to keep track of developments.
Nosotech’s approach regarding implementation and training is oriented towards user autonomy, aiming both comprehension and operation of the products being deployed in the health facility. Our implementation advisors' vast experience with implementations in a variety of settings has lead them to observe diverse processes and impacts on the service. A thorough understanding of the applications constitutes an advantage that goes beyond training. It creates the opportunity to validate in-house practices and to take advantage of our experiences to compare with other procedures.
The training of system administrators is a priority for Nosotech as they are key players in the success of an implementation project. Therefore, time and resources are invested to ensure high-level skills and knowledge.
To ensure success, staff will be involved in the implementation of the different systems. System administrators will be required to examine the diverse software functions and discuss implementation procedures, right from the beginning of the process.
If necessary, depending on the module and the needs, our implementation advisors will be and remain on site for the days following the release of the applications. The accompanying stage is an ad hoc training session that offers support and advice regarding the implementation and general assistance upon software deployment.